(as stated in the PSCM’s Administrative Manual 2020)
- QUALIFICATIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Physicians in general practice or in any field of specialization with interest in the various aspects of Climacteric Medicine are eligible for membership to the Society.
- CATEGORIES OF MEMBERSHIP
The membership of the Society will be divided into the following categories: Founding members, Active members, Life members, Honorary members and Affiliate members.
A. Founding members. Founding members are the first one hundred (100) members responsible for organizing the Society in 1992.
B. Active members. Active members are
C. Life members. Life members are those who have served the Society as Presidents. The annual dues and local convention registration fees are waived for Life members.
- Physicians in general practice for at least three (3) years who have complied with the duties and responsibilities of members as stated in Article III Section 3 of the By-Laws (Duties and Responsibilities of Members) or
- Diplomates or Fellows of specialty societies who have complied with the duties and responsibilities of members as stated in Article III Section 3 of the By-Laws (Duties and Responsibilities of Members).
D. Honorary members. Honorary members are eminent individuals who, in the opinion of the Board of Directors (BOD), are deserving of this special recognition by virtue of exceptional contribution to the Society or to the field of Climacteric Medicine. Honorary members shall not have the right to vote or hold office and shall not pay dues.
E. Affiliate members. Affiliate members are professionals in fields other than medicine with interest in Climacteric Medicine. They shall not have the right to vote or hold office and shall not pay dues.
- APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
The application for membership shall be made in writing, on forms provided by the Society, and submitted to the Chair of the Committee on Credentials and Membership, via courier or electronic mail. The President shall present each candidate to the BOD for approval.
- RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERS
All members shall have the right to participate in all Scientific Meetings of the Society.
Only Active members are entitled to the following rights and privileges:
- To vote on all matters relating to the affairs of the Society.
- To hold elective or appointive office of the Society.
- To participate in the Annual Business Meetings of the Society.
- To examine all the records and books of the Society during business hours.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERS
A member shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the tenets and principles of the Code of Ethics of the Medical Profession of the Philippines
- Uphold, at all times, the By-Laws of the Philippine Society of Climacteric Medicine, Inc.
- Obey and comply with the rules and regulations that may be promulgated by the Society to attain its objectives
- Attend at least one (1) annual convention, one (1) midyear convention and one (1) business meeting in three (3) consecutive years
- Pay the annual dues, fees and other assessments by June 30 of the fiscal year
Download Membership Form (PDF)